SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE
See what networking services are in your area
View our high-level approaches to solving business and technology challenges
Learn how peers in your area are working with CenturyLink
Hybrid IT and Cloud
Voice and Unified Communications
Managed and IT Services
Get support, access resources, and explore products and services at centurylink.com.
1. Janco: http://www.cioinsight.com/it-management/workplace /slideshows/top-staffing-challenges-for-cios.html
2. Gartner estimates that 60% of CIOs feel skills shortages prevent organizations from keeping up with change. More projects are left incomplete, over budget, or simply never started due to the IT organization not being able to keep up with the business need for innovation and growth.
3. IPsoft study: http://www.bcs.org/content/conWebDoc/51573
4. Rackspace survey: http://www.cioinsight.com/it-strategy/cloud-virtualization/slideshows/cloud-savings-in-spite-of-it-skills-shortage-08#sthash.7oloYJKU.dpuf
5. "IDC states that in today's average IT team members spend up to 80% of their time managing servers with items such as security updates, patches and more. That leaves only 20% of the time available for focusing on the business. Is that really optimal? "
6. From copy doc: Top 10 staffing challenges for IT hiring managers: 36% Retaining top talent, 31% Lifting employee morale, 29% Recruiting high skill applicants, 27% Providing competitive compensation, 26% Worker burnout, 25% Maintaining productivity levels, 21% Managing organizational changes, 20% Providing competitive benefits, 17% Providing upward mobility, 16% Cutting down on cost-per-hire. Joint survey from CareerBuilder and Sologig.com
7. Janco: http://www.cioinsight.com/it-management/workplace/slideshows/top-staffing-challenges-for-cios.html
8. IPsoft study: http://www.bcs.org/content/conWebDoc/51573
If delivering IT innovation is at the top of your priority list, turning to cloud and a hybrid IT strategy is the answer. Offloading responsibilities to managed environments enable IT to become a service provider.
Discover why a hybrid IT mix of colocation, managed and cloud services can help your business keep its competitive edge. By outsourcing just a third of infrastructure, you can double your innovation investments.